Winterfest in the Gorge
November 28, December 5, 6, 12 and 13, 2014 – beginning at 3:00 pm
The Christmas spirit comes alive in the Hickory Nut Gorge on November 28, 2014 with the official kickoff to Winterfest. Join us as Lake Lure and Chimney Rock Village “Light up the Gorge” with a holiday spectacular not to be missed. Create new memories with your loved ones and see the two towns celebrate with happiness and cheer.
- Light Up The Gorge- November 28, 2014
- Chimney Rock Chili Cook-Off-December 5
- WinterFest Activities-December 5-6, December 12-13
- Polar Plunge-January 1, 2015
WinterFest Activities on December 5-6, and 12-13 begin at 3:00 and include the following:
- Trolley and Hay rides starting at the Arcade Building up into Chimney Rock Village. See the Flowering Bridge light up, Main Street lights, and our Village Tree.
- Santa’s Workshop: Pictures with Santa and crafts made by your kiddos
- Lake Lure Beach Bonfire and S’mores
- Fairy Houses made by our locals displayed on the Flowering Bridge
- Present Wrapping in Chimney Rock Village
- Live Music Performances happening throughout the day
There will be plenty of parking in Lake Lure and Chimney Rock. See the attached MAP for Hayride and Trolley stop locations, as well as designated parking areas.
Cost: Hayride/Trolley tickets are one time $5.00 per person with unlimited riding on both forms of transportation. $20 family price for families of 5 or more.
Phone: 828-625-2725 (Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 2:00 pm)
WinterFest in the Gorge is sponsored by the Chamber of Hickory Nut Gorge.